Home security systems are in high demand amongst Indian house owners. Along with various smart features like temperature controller, water recycling plants etc, the smart homes of today are expected to be equipped with extra security features. The owners want minute-to-minute information about the events happening at home when they are not around. They want to make homes safer for the kids or older parents or grandparents by installing security systems that not only keep a record of the visitors, but also notify the nearest police booth, and/or raise an alarm, if any unauthorized person breaks into the premises. It is because of increased awareness about the safety requirements that the home security market has witnessed an enormous growth in the recent times.
Products Defining Home Security Markets
Home security markets are showing a constant growth of 18% with the emergence of a variety of smart home projects and increase in demand of various kinds of safety managing products. The story has come quite far from the concept of locks. Now, locks are integrated into the doors and remote controlled doors are making the lock market more advanced in terms of technology. Here are some of the most popular products that have reportedly ruled the home security markets in the recent times.
- Motion detectors: Various premises lay vacant as people are into securing their future by investing in real estate. So, they keep a remote eye on the vacant premise with the help of motion detectors that give information about any movement happening in the house on the gadget chosen by the owner. Any motion happening within the restricted area, will be captured within the gadget and notifications sent to the owners registered smartphone.
- Tamper-proof, password protected locks: The world of locks has become quite technology-driven. The keys are being replaced by the passwords. If any kind of tempering is attempted on these modern locks, the alert reaches the owner in real time basis. Such locks are the smartest and the best. Therefore, these are used primarily to protect valuables and precious goods in the premise.
- Door stop alarms: These raise an alarm whenever a person tries to enter the door forcibly. Thus, the owner gets the information about forced entry and also, the door gets automatically locked along with the raising of alarm whenever an unidentified person tries to barge in. This is quite a smart way of protecting the doors and is certainly more efficient than the conventional lock and key.
- Doors with video facility: Some houses are protected by doors that come along with video screen. The image of the visitor is clearly available to the home owner; also, by connecting the system through internet, he can talk to the visitor when he is away. Thus, it helps people manage their guests better while taking care of home security.
Features of the Best Smart Home Security Systems
If you are searching for the Best Smart Home Security Systems, you must try to buy systems that are provided with these features:
- The system should be user-friendly: If you are not able to handle it, you may get locked out of your own house. Also, it may cause trouble to law maintaining authorities if the alarm beeps due to the owner’s fault. Thus, pick home security systems that you can understand easily and are user-friendly. Learn the instructions carefully and always have the manual safe and handy with you.
- Pocket-friendly: Yes, if the home security systems cost you more than your other valuables, it certainly is over-expenditure. Decide the budget first, and then try to fit in the choices you make. After all, the security system is to provide you with ease of mind, and not to add to your worries.
- Best in quality: You cannot compromise with the quality of the security systems as you are going to entrust the safety of your house to it. So, ensure that the locking mechanism is fool-proof and alarms are raised well on time and are weather-resistant as well.
- Wireless home security systems: To make your house look simpler and cleaner and a mystery to visitors, it is better to install wireless security systems. These do not turn your house into a jungle of wires and cables and also stay concealed without getting undue attention from the suspicious entrants.
Latest In the Block – Wireless Home Security Systems
The wireless home security systems are getting lot many takers because of the ease these offer. The users can follow DIY procedures to install them, without bothering about the cable connections and other messy stuff. These mess-free home security solutions equipped with cameras can be installed at the height of the owner’s choice, making it possible to capture wider view of the outside. Also, up-front installation cost is quite low for the wireless home security systems. Some advanced variants of these systems can be connected with internet and the reports are sent to the owner’s device whenever any activity takes place. Thus, the wireless home security systems offer better control over the premises even when the home-owner or residents are away.
It is worth understanding that only the valuables do not need the best smart home security systems; even the inhabitants need protection from infiltrates. Thus, camera enabled doors and locks are certainly a better option. There are certain biometric locks also available in the market. These help identify the authorized people of the premises and prevent premises from any suspicious visitors.
How to select the security systems that is best for your premise
One should pick the best smart home security systems with features that are relevant to the premises. The level of security requirements determines the need for technology-driven solutions. If the features of the security system remain unused, it is an obvious indicator of wrong choice made, an investment gone overboard. Thus, make the budget, ascertain the safety requirements and then match the features with your needs to arrive upon the home security solution. Make time-relevant as well as premise-specific choices that offer smart cover for your smart house. The better the choice, the safer the home is!